Health is a state of complete physical ,mental and social well-being and not merely an absence of disease or infirmity. Community medicine is prevention of disease and promotion of health by peoples participation.
|Sl.No||Name||Designation||Qualification||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Joe Thomas||Professor||MBBS, MD||01 January 2016|
|2||Dr. Lucy Raphael||Professor||MBBS, MD||01 June 2017|
|3||Dr. Priyanka R||Assistant Professor||MBBS, MD||01 July 2015|
|4||Dr. Ponnu Jose||Assistant Professor||MBBS, MD||01 December 2015|
|5||Dr. Teny Attokkaran||Assistant Professor||MBBS, MD||07 April 2021|
|6||Dr. Radhika Kannan||Assistant Professor||MBBS, MD, DNB||15 February 2022|
|7||Dr. Soorya S||Senior Resident||MBBS, MD||22 February 2022|
|8||Dr. Thomson C Davis ||Senior Resident||MBBS, DNB||02 August 2023|
|9||Dr. Sumna V M ||Senior Resident||MBBS, MD||25 September 2023|
The Laboratory hall of Department of Community Medicine JMMC & RI is well equipped with the following facilities:-
- Wide range of slides on Entomology, Parasitology, & Bacteriology.
- Instruments to conduct Public Health related experiments.
- Adequate number of fully functional simple and compound microscopes.
- Lab has capacity to accommodate 50 students
- Wide collection of Specimens on:-
Nutrition, Immunisation, Family Planning, Meteorology and Environment including model of water purification plant.
- Wide collection of Informative Charts on matters of Public Health importance including Statistics.
- Community Medicine Department has a large collection of books on various aspects of Public Health Including W H O Publications.
DEMONSTRATION HALLS (2 Nos)
- There are two Demonstration halls with a capacity of 50 students each and provided with all facilities of a SMART Class.
- Our Statistics wing is experienced in various statistical analyis including / concluding in Medical & Nursing research work using advanced software like SPSS, and EPIINFO etc.
- Following 5 Health Centres are utilised for the purpose of Interns Training as a part of CRRI Program.
|Name & Location
||Distance from JMMC
|Nadathara Urban Health Centre, Nadathara.
|Mulayam Rural Field Training Centre, Mulayam.
|St. Antony's Mission Hospital , Pazhuvil
|Paduva Hospital, Puthanpeedika
|Mary Immaculate Mission Hospital, Engandiyur
PROGRAMS UNDER DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY MEDICINE
In addition to the routine academic teaching and training of undergraduate students, our department is undertaking the following activities:-
- Interns Training: including Presentation of Journals, Clinico Social Cases, Seminars and Research projects
- Community Field Health Survey for undergraduate students and their analysis and presentation.
- We are actively involved in medical camps conducted at various places along with other clinical departments.
- Department of Communitiy Medicine is taking a leading role in organising and conducting following special programms like:-
- Immunisation Camps
- Health Education Camps
- School Health Programmes
- Various Public Health Awareness Camps
- Blood Donation Camps