Department of Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine
Our Department provides a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for pulmonary diseses and sleep disorders.
The staff is specially trained in diseases and condition of the chest particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, lung malignancies, COPD and complicated chest infections. The staff is also involved in managing patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation.
|Sl.No||Name||Designation||Qualification||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Supriya Adiyodi||Professor||MBBS, MD||01 October 2004|
|2||Dr. Unni R Baby||Associate Professor||MBBS, MD||04 August 2014|
|3||Dr. Sruthi Raghunath P J ||Assistant Professor||MBBS, MD, DNB||20 December 2022|
|4||Dr. Dilsha Parveen B S ||Senior Resident||MBBS, MD||06 October 2022|
|5||Dr. Krishnanand K K ||Senior Resident||MBBS, MD||12 September 2023|
- Impart a comprehencive concept which enables students to understand the clinical corelation of disease presentation.
- Encourage inter & intra departmental teaching research needs.
- Create sensitisation about TB & RNTCP and co-ordinate all activities associated with it.
- Encourage research culture among students.
- OP . Timing 8 AM – 1 PM
The department caters to a variety of out patients with acute and cronic lung diseases. It is situated on 2nd floor, St. Thomas Block.
- Wards: situtated on the 8th floor of St. Thomas Block with central oxygen supply, a bronchoscopy suite and procedure room.
- ICU: Critical patients needing intensive care, non invasive ventilation, mechanical ventilation are admitted to the MICU.It is situated on the 3rd floor, St. Thomas Block.
- RNTCP unit & Dots centere: It is situated on the 2nd floor of St. Thomas Block. The Unit comprises of a Medical Officer, TB health visitor and TB Lab. Technician.
- Taking care of the out patient.
- In Patient care including management of the critically ill.
- Co-ordination of the RNTCP programmes. Jubilee Mission Medical College is the leading College amongst all private medical colleges in the state in the detection of TB cases.
- Research project on 'Out come of TB in patients with DM' -100 patients, funded by the Kerala State Task Force has been completed. Other non funded projects on Bronchogenic Carcinoma and COPD are on going.
- The Department also inculcates a research culture in students and has supported their research activities and paper presentations.
- To have a state of the art IRCU (Intensive Respiratory Care Unit) with facilities like Medical Thoracoscopy.
- To have a state of the art PFT with DLCO Lab.
- To have an integrated cardiopulmonary rehabilitation programme in co ordination with Cardio & Physiotherapy departments.